From:
Edie Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 May 1997 21:07:50 -0400
I am still nomail but wanted to give an update on the first mother that
I suggested fenugreek to that I posted about before.  She is now getting
twice + as much milk as she was getting before.  She is still continuing
to take the Fenugreek.  As she was getting less than 1/2 an ounce with
each pumping (total), she still will not be feeding 100% with breastmilk
but she is thrilled with the change as she feels like the pumping is
worth it now. I now have more mothers taking this and will post results.
 I never "asked permission" from the neonatologists but they now all
know because the mother raved about the results!  Noone has said
anything to me.  My motto remains "Just do it!".
As an aside...she's returning to work as a nanny with a 2 yr old who
takes a 1 hr nap while she is in the house.  Her employers have told her
she can't pump while she is there because she needs to use the 1 hr nap
time for doing house cleaning! I'm trying to get her to let me call or
write or have the dr. send a note but so far she is uncomfortable with
"rocking the boat"!  I wonder how her employer fed her baby?
Edie