From:
Lisa Amir <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 May 1997 18:30:30 -0700
Laureen,

I think this is a terrific handout about lactose intolerance. I notice
that you have corrected the (untrue) belief that altering lactose in
mother's diet will alter lactose in breastmilk. Would it be worth going
further and adding a para at the end explaining that cow milk
allergy/intolerance is an unrelated problem, and if that is thought to be
the problem then it can be suggested that the mother remove dairy from
her diet?
It seems to me people can be confused about the difference btwn "lactose
intolerance" and "cow milk intolerance" and this would be an opportunity
to clarify this further.
Lisa Amir
GP / IBCLC in Melbourne, Australia.