From:
Ann Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 08:09:39 -0500
Dear Jeanne,
You posted about an infant hospitilized for mastisis and then told to
supplement to reduce hormonal influence to the baby.
I had a case of a baby girl who developed mastisis wihtin the first 2 weeks
of life. She was treated with antibotics as an out-patient and her mother did
not supplement with ABM. The infection took around a week to improve and
never had a relapse of infection. I don't know where this phycisian got this
idea but it not a valid one. If it helps to relate my case to your mom
 please do so and maybe educate the doc.
Ann Perry RN IBCLC
Massachusetts,Ma. USA