Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 1997 09:04:57 -0400
7bit
From:
Daniel Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
Hi Lacnetters,
  I just wanted to add a little more on the 1-year-old not eating enough
solids. In our LLL group we had a LA with a 12 month old who was not
eating much of any solid food, the Ped was worried (not about the not
eating) but rather of a genetic syndrome as the baby was so Big! So the
opinion on eating solids and weaning appears to be personally motivated.
Also my second child went to her first birthday mostly on rice cereal,
fruit and formula (I weaned at 6 months) and the Ped said, "No problem,
don't worry about it." She turned out to be allergic to some things but
highly sensitive as a infant and child to proteins. This is another
avenue to consider as to why this child may not be interested in eating.
My daughter seemed to know what upset her stomach after the first
exposure and would refuse it when offered again. She has asthma and has
a seriously compromised respiratory system, I learned and did not push
things and was extremely cautious with the next two children.
For the people commenting on Joan McCartney books - the new LLLI catalog
only has 'We Should Do This More Often' available.
Have a good day all.
Leslie