From:
Kathy Dettwyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 1997 06:16:41 -0600
>I replied - "Dr. "D." said we could continue to breastfeed"

>This parry continued several times and then the resident snapped, "Well, I'll
>just have to call Dr. "D." and see for myself what she says"

I'd love to think I was the "Doctor D" being referred to!!!

Reminds me of a young mother I was on an e-mail list last year who kept
saying to her mother "My pediatrician, Dr. Sears, says thus and such".  The
mother thought Dr. Sears was the baby's local doctor!  Except the mother
kept referring to him as "Dr. Penneys".  ;)

Katherine A. Dettwyler, Ph.D.
Texas A&M University