From:
Priscilla Tait <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 11:47:54 -0500
Just for people's information:  The American Academy of Pediatrics has made a
statement against swimming lessons for babies and toddlers under the age of 3
for the following reasons: 1) They are not old enough to learn water safety
(preverbal),
2) there are more outbreaks of diarreha (water contamination), and 3) they
gulp water so it decreases the sodium content in the blood and can lead to
seizures.

Re: Barbara Comstock's situation again....
I hate to take such a punitive stance on this but I really think Nurses and
Nurse Practioners who are "anti-breast" and demonstrate that clinically
should be reported to the State Board of Nursing.  I mean really.  If they
are intervening in ways that are detrimental to the health of the mother
and/or baby, that is an issue that needs to be investagated and dealt with.
 The  State Board of Nursing exists in each state for the sole purpose of
PROTECTING THE PUBLIC from practitioners who pose a threat to the health of
the public.  I don't mention Boards of Medicine here because I know less
about them and their workings.  But that might be stir up something
interesting too.  Priscilla Tait