From:
Sheila Angalet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 00:58:20 -0500
My apologies for not including this information in the first post.

You can telephone the Governor's office at 609-292-6000.  You need to ask for
one of Governor Whitman's aides.  You can ask if Governor Whitman has made a
decision on this bill (chances are you'll get an answer of "I don't know").
You should then make a clear statement regarding the bill and the need (from
your perspective) as to why it should be passed - and passed publically.

You can also reach Governor Whitman at http://www.state.nj.us

Please remember, Gov. Christie Whitman has been quoted in papers as
supporting the restrictive Assembly version (from November) of this bill,
stating that when she was breastfeeding she always was looking for a place to
hide.  It appeared she saw nothing wrong with restricting a breastfeeding
woman and her baby to "designated breastfeeding areas". We're not sure what
her stand is on the issue now.

Thanks ahead of time!  We can make this happen!

Sheila Angalet
LLL-NJ