From:
lisa haider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 1997 23:43:48 +0000
 In a previous post I wrote, "But I do feel I must stress again that Islam
in no way endorses female circumsion.  In those few places where it does
take place-Sudan, southern Egypt, and a few other areas, it seems to be a
remnant of the indigenous african culture."  This should read indigenous
local cultures.  In fact there are over 700 language and cultural groups in
Africa.  There is no single "indigenous african culture."
Also it should be noted that female circumsion takes place in areas outside
of the African continent.
  My apologies to anyone who has been offended.

Sincerely,
Lisa Haider