From:
Albert W Needham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 1997 14:59:32 EST
As most of you know, the Educational Software Program "The HoneyBee"
Version 2.1  is now available on my web site at:
http://www.xensei.com/alwine
Unfortunately, it is not a "Mac Program".

The purpose of this site (as well as the freeware program "The HoneyBee")
is to educate the public about Honey Bees and their value to all mankind!
It
is also to encourage folks to take up Beekeeping.

This is a constantly evolving site, changed quite a bit since I first put
it
up about March 1st.

The "Let's Go Surfing For Bees" page is not intended to be a
comprehensive
listing of the many fruitful sites dedicated to Bees and Beekeeping. It
is
intended to provide the public a "sampling" of  information, that is
hopefully appealing and which will help educate them on the benefit
 of not reacting to the sight of a Honey Bee with a "Oh, my
gawd it's a bee. Kill it before it stings us!" :-)

To date I only have "four" sites on this page illustrated with large
icons of
my creation. Such as:

      P-O Gustaffson - For it's beautiful close-ups of bees, etc.

      Jim Satterfield - For its detailed info on Top Bar Hives - which I
       offer as a means for someone who can't afford the bucks
       to buy all the fancy stuff required to start beekeeping. I bill it
       as "Inexpensive Beekeeping".

      Allen Dick - Arbitrarily selected as a good place to start checking

      out sites on honey bees,etc., and to introduce BEE-L as a good
      "listening post" and "on-line education about bees & beekeeping".

       J Wolf's "Apitherapy & Me" web site as a place to learn how
       apitherapy is helping one man in his battle with the debilitating
       effects of MS. Also a good site to explore apitheray from.

Why am I taking up your time with all this?

If at any time, any of you come across a web site that you think may
fit in with above philosophy, please e-mail privately so I can look it
over and consider including it on "Let's Go Surfing For Bees".

Thanks,

Al,
Al Needham--Scituate,MA,[log in to unmask]
Author Of "The HoneyBee"--An Educational Program
Go to  -  http://www.xensei.com/users/alwine