From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 1997 19:03:11 -0500
Hi all. We have been working to install a PROBE function for Lactnet.  This
function allows the computer at the Univ. of Massachusetts Medical School to
send out automatically rotating notes to all subscribers.  This will go into
effect soon, and you will receive 4 different messages from us, on a
rotating basis.  They will have two purposes. One will enable our computer
to see whether your address is still up and running and accepting Lactnet
notes.  The other will be to provide you with good information on the
subtleties of running Lactnet....and on how to use the Listserv as smoothly
and efficiently as possible.

So...expect this to begin soon.  Don't reply to the PROBE messages, just
accept them, READ them, and file them so that you can find answers to your
questions on the how tos of LACTNET.

Also, I was fooling with the header of this listserv yesterday, and
inadvertently locked it up. Anyone who has tried to do any computer
functions today will have received their commands back in their
laps....cause I locked it all up.  My apologies. It is unlocked now.

Thanks.

Kathleen (s)
Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet,Corgi-L,TLC, Indep. Consultant
http://together.net/~kbruce/kbbhome.html
LACTNET Archives http://library.ummed.edu/lsv/archives/lactnet.html