Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Keitha Whitaker, Bs, Ibclc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 09:27:24 CST
Sorry, folks.  I know that last post didn't make sense.  I meant to change
the name to "manufactured infant formula" to go with "miffed".  :)

On the name--I like modified cow's milk and modified soy milk.  It does state
more precisely what it is.  I do think, though, that we need to decide what
to call it and stick with that in all our descriptions and/or references to
it.  Trying out so many different names makes us seem silly and/or desparate
and defeats our purpose, I think, which makes "formula" stick all the harder.
Also, remember the soft drink company that in its put-down of another soft
drink company had a lot of pictures of the other soft drink company's product
in its commercial?  Kind of defeated their purpose, since we saw more of the
other company's product than we saw of the product of the company that
produced the ad.  My point is, if we can decide what to call it, we can stop
talking about it so much--especially if what we call it describes it without
our having to explain it and talk about it more.  (In that I don't mean that
we should stop telling people about the risks of abm feeding--have been using
artificial baby milk for the past couple of years when this issue first came
up.  Just wish we'd stop debating what to call it and settle on what to call
it.)