Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Ann M. Calandro" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 20:25:46 EST
Before tackling the Baby Friendly initiative at my hospital, I surveyed the
nurses for their attitudes about formula packs.  I asked them what they thought
about giving formula packs to breastfeeding moms, if they liked giving out gifts
to moms, who they thought paid for the packs, if they understood baby friendly,
if they felt that using formula crib cards sent a message to parents, and lots
of other questions.  They did not have to sign their names, just write comments.
Many of them had very strong ideas, most of them were very pro formula
companies.  I ended up asking them what number they would give formula if breast
milk (the gold standard) was a 10.  I had over 40 replies and the number
averaged out to be a 7.8.

In replying to them about their thoughts, I want to tell them what number
surveyed physicians from across the world would give to formula.  I KNOW what
lactation consultants would give to it, probably negative numbers!
I would like to say to the nurses, In a survey of knowledgable physicians across
the world, the number assigned to breast milk was a 10 and the number physicians
gave to formula averaged out to be a _____.

So I am asking physicians to give me a number to help me with the survey.  I
will let everyone one know what it averages out to be when the results are in.

Thank you.
Ann Calandro, RNC,IBCLC