From:
Debbie Rabin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 20:27:08 -0400
A client told me this week that when her daughter was born five weeks early
and she did not have enough milk in the first week, the NICU nurse told her
that since the baby had already recieved ABM that the baby could not have
breastmilk because "mixing formula and breastmilk will upset the baby's
digestive system and may make her sick". Amazing! I was incredulous.... and
gave this mom credit for pumping anyways. And of course now we are dealing
with a low milk supply and  a premie who is nipple preferred to an artificial
nipple.....I could strangle that nurse.

Debbie Rabin, OTR, CLC
Los Angeles, CA