Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Bernadette Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 15:04:53 -0800
Hi!

I guess this must be my busy day.  I have another situation that I would
like some help with.

35yr old mom who has had recurrent/chronic vaginal yeast infection
since the birth (cesarian)of her only child who is now 2yr 4mo.  She has
had multiple courses of over-the-counter remedies and 3 rounds of
perscription (Terazole) medicine.  She and her husband have taken a
course of oral Nystantin. She has tried vinegar & water douche
alternating with yogurt (live culture).  Symptoms return within a week
no matter which remedy she tries.  Her blood chemistry is normal (no
diabetes) and no other evidence of chronic illness.  Her OB/GYN wanted
her to try a drug that they give to AIDS patients but when she reminded
the MD that she was nursing, MD said that BF changed the pH of the
vaginal mucosa and that she would probably continue to have this
infection until she weaned.

She is committed to "baby lead weaning"; however, she is tired of having
this condition for over 2 years.  She is also afraid that it will
prevent her from conceiving or might harm the baby if she does conceive.
Any ideas, references or help would be appreciated!

Bernadette Burns, DC and LLLL