Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Cindy Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 06:51:33 -0500
I too see more cases of Strep B being treated in the hospital (I am a
labor and delivery RN) . Ifeel that this is due to more testing and
dection of this which (thank goodness) leads to more treatment. Im my
area, the tx drug of choice is also Ampicillin by IV, if the mom is not
allergic.

I have seen what happens to babies born with a beta Strep infection and
it is not good, so I am happy with the more aggressive detection and
treatment , and if it causes more yeast in the moms nipples, ... well
thats better than the alternative. But The Ampicillin is only given
during labor , and so far, I have not seen a rise in nipple yeast, or
other yeast in the moms. They usually only get 1-4 doses as it is given
every 6 hours.

--
                 * Cindy Curtis RN IBCLC            *