From:
Lisa Amir <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 1997 22:26:46 -0800
I saw a baby today with low weight gains; the mother smokes 5-10
cigarettes per day (not inside the house). Of course, I informed her of
possible link between smoking and low weight gain. I've just looked up
the Breastfeeding Answer Book (my edition is 91) which says encourage the
mother to smoke no more than 10 cigarettes a day.
What do you think? Do you have experience of women stopping smoking 10 or
less a day with a resulting increase in milk supply?
Inquiring minds....
Lisa Amir
GP / IBCLC in Melbourne, Australia
mailto:[log in to unmask]