From:
Sheila Angalet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 23:38:18 -0500
Thank you to all who responded to my questions regarding the mom here in NJ
with the difficulties in obtaining an MMR immunization.  Just to update...

She is in contact with an attorney who is attempting to recover lost wages
for her (while the hospital placed her on a leave). She will be getting the
MMR, but has one final question, to which I can find no adequate answer.

She is being told to have the baby immunized first (he is 20 months old) -
wait three days and then have herself immunized.  The reason (she has been
told) is so that the baby does not receive "too large a dose" of the stuff.
 She has been told the three days will alleviate any possible problems.

While some of you had responded to me and alluded that mom and child should
get immunized together, she would like to have actual references to cite when
she next dialogues with the hospital.  Any takers?

I appreciate all the help you have given this  mom through me.

I thankfully remain -
Sheila Angalet
LLL-NJ