From:
Denhez Louise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 11:30:38 -0500
You are right. I should have written: "since there are so many other
things to read, and since we all (ie mds) know that bf is best when it
works, let's read about that mysterious new disease or that newfangled
technology, rather than about some other virtue of bf". The problem with
literature is that there is not so much of it concerning TREATMENT of bf
problems. It is supposed to be natural, thus problem free, right? For
one, I did not turn to medical journals when I started seeing bf ladies:
I turned to lactation consultants or (rare) other physicians with
experience.
I also agree that mds seeing women as patients and not current in bf
management is hair-raising. But it is a fact, and some of us have a lot
of work to do.

Louise Denhez, M.D., M.P.H
Chargee d'enseignement clinique
Departement de medecine sociale et preventive