From:
Joyce Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 17:03:38 -0700
J.Lewis wrote:

> Hi
> Following is my almost final draft. It will be sent as is unless I get any
> other little pearls of wisdom that I want to incorporate into it. Please
> don't hesitate to comment.

I HOPE YOU DIDN'T SEND THAT LETTER YET!!!

I really really believe you should not (and I seldom tell people that)
concentrate on the inferiority of formula.
 I would concentrate on why giving someone formula as a gift can cut
their chances of succesful bf.  I really believe if all women who wanted
to bf, did -succesfully, then there would be only a very few women who
would still choose to formula feed. All the shaming in the world is not
going to fix nipple confusion, low supply, believing the doctor, and
lack of support.
  This is your big chance for your town to see *the logic behind* not
giving formula as a gift.  If you send what you've got so far they may
not even read past "inferior method".
Good Luck to You, Joyce Mitchell