Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 15:22:55 +0000
Hi,
my sister has an interesting perspective on mothering and breastfeeding,
having once thought she'd never have a baby, numerous miscarriage and
this latest (successful) pregnancy nearly having to be terminated at 12
weeks. Her baby is now 8wo and fully breastfed (yes!). She says of
breastfeeding:-
   "It isn't easy at first, and there are problems that may take some
work to overcome, but nothing worthwhile has ever been easy!"

Her comments on friends who wean due to mildly sore nipples of because
of the "inconvenience" of frequent feeding or other possibly trivial
reasons, may be a little unsympathetic, but you know where she is coming
from. She says
   "Many women go through *hell* to conceive, carry and birth their
babies. Why do they cop out as soon as that longed-for baby is here?
Surely, if you do everything you can during pregnancy to have a healthy
baby, you'd go through as much or more to *keep* that baby healthy?"

I have no answer for her, but I am (ofcourse) incredibly proud of her.
She does not find nursing easy, but she is totally committed to it.
--
Anna (mummy to Emma, born 17th Jan 1995 and Alice, born 11th Sept 1996)
Email: [log in to unmask]  Web Page: http://www.ratbag.demon.co.uk/anna