From:
Khalid Aziz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 18:49:57 -0330
Amoxycillin is presumed safe in both low and high dose in pregnancy and
lactation provided there is no contraindication.  1 gram ampicillin
intravenously is the routine dose in labour for GBS chemoprophylaxis and has
been used in many large population protocols.  High dose amoxycillin is
appropriate endocarditis chemoprophylaxis for dental procedures in a
non-penicillin allergic individual (although, I believe that the second dose
of 1.5 grams is 6 hours not 1 hour after the first - American Heart
Association, JAMA 1990;264:2929-22).

From the information given I see no concern and agree with the
recommendation AND that nursing be continued.  Low marks for the pharmacist!

Khalid

Khalid Aziz
Memorial University of Newfoundland