Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 1997 11:51:22 -0500
I called the mother back this am, the one who called after not bf for 2
days...and she had just returned from the doctor's office.  There, they did
not encourage her one way or the other on bf.  They were mute on the
subject, and the mother decided that bottlefeeding was the way to go for her
since the baby was "gaining so much weight and doing so well."

Glad she made the choice that fits for her, and I cannot believe how
ignorant some folks are who are supposed to be helping mothers make informed
decision. This doctor dropped the ball....as do so many other health care
professionals...nurses, etc...who don't help women make informed choice
because they themselves are blissfully ignorant, and/or intetionally
paternalistic in their desire to protect the mother from the guilt
associated with "not" bf.  Gag

Enough.

Kathleen
Pax,
Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet,Corgi-L,TLC, Indep. Consultant
http://together.net/~kbruce/kbbhome.html
LACTNET Archives http://library.ummed.edu/lsv/archives/lactnet.html