From:
Tom Hale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 1997 13:55:05 -0600
To      : Keitha, and Camille
Re      : Luvox, Paxil, ?

Unfortunately we do not have any data on Luvox(luvoxamine) and its transfer
into human breastmilk.  Although similar to the other SSRIs it is somewhat more
selective for the treatment of OCD.  Similarly we have no current data on the
transfer of Paxil into human milk. It has been used by some mothers,  but
Zoloft is still somewhat preferred since we have at least one published paper
on its transfer into milk.

Luvox is well absorbed orally, it has an elimination half-life of 16 hours.  It
is 94% metabolized in the liver and inhibits one of the Cytochrome P450 forms,
which may inhibit the metabolism and elimination of some drugs, tricyclics,
etc. So be cautious mixing Luvox with other medications.  Dose is 50mg to a
high of 300 mg.  Best given at bedtime.   Side effects include nausea/vomiting,
drowsiness, dizziness, agitation, and headache.

I'm sorry that I can't provide you with better data, but its just not
available.

Regards,

Tom Hale