From:
Lora M Gleaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 1996 17:50:29 EST
Yes, as a lay person I have helped lots of moms & babes with referring to
HCP for thrush diagnosis.  I have had personal experience with most of my
babies having thrush sometime around summer in the 100 degree Texas heat.
 My last baby came down with thrush while we were on business vacation in
San Antonio in May of 1995.  We were lovingly referred by LC (whoever you
were thanks!) to a First Aid type center since I just thought it was too
expensive to go to emergency room just to get a prescription of oral
nystatin.  All the Peds we called for an appt would not see a new patient
that day.  (Could we come in next week?)  The woman GP at First Aid
clinic was nice & was slightly offended that I had self-diagnosed my
daughter.  She confirmed I was right :-).  I also asked for the cream for
me since I had no signs, but the Texas heat, vacation, lack of medical
care available, & stress - I thought I probably needed to be prepared.
Prevention was better choice at the time than scratching at my breasts
during a business conference.  GP gave me prescription without too much
hesitation.

For curiosity sake, I had dealt with vag yeast througout pregnancies, but
none after birth.  No meds during birth or for baby either.

Lora Gleaton, LLLL