Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 15:27:01 +0000
Hi,
just a thought on the subject of teen mothers not producing much milk,
and then the problem of the underweight mother's lack of lactogenesis.
When I was pregnant with my first, I remember listening with horror to
some teen mothers in the antenatal clinic discussion how to keep
themselves slim in pregnancy and boasting about "my friend who didn't
look pregnant at 8 months!". Then they were talking about a pharmacy
selling diet meal-replacement drinks on sale and they all planned to go
and buy some immediately after clinic.

If this group of teen mums is typical, is it any surprise they don't
produce much milk?
--
Anna (mummy to Emma, born 17th Jan 1995 and Alice, born 11th Sept 1996)
Email: [log in to unmask]  Web Page: http://www.ratbag.demon.co.uk/anna