Date:
Wed, 25 Dec 1996 13:49:27 +0000
Hello all!
Laurie Wheeler said:
> I always recommend a 2
> wk checkup for all babies, even sooner if problems. BTW I have alot of
> respect for a local ped (Dr. Dise are you still out there)who has the family
> come back 1, 2 days PP if any problems at discharge and keeps them coming
> every couple days til all is fixed.<<<

In my town ONE ped (An LLL Associate)  follows his BF patients this
closely also, ie: **Every day including Sundays if necessary until the
problem is solved.**  And they see a real Lactation
Consultant.(Lactnet's own Cammille Edmunds) Sure communicates a sense of
commitment on his part to the patients, their relatives and everyone
else.  Why can't this be the standard of care everywhere?  Maybe other
peds are not aware that this is what it takes???  I say let's get the
word out regarding what a truly supportive pediatric practice looks
like, just as we have Ten Steps for hospitals.  Maybe the Academy of
Breastfeeding Medicine is working on this?
Holiday Greetings to All
Sue Jacoby, IBCLC
Clovis, CA