From:
April Tutino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Dec 1996 22:13:58 -0800
Hello, All!

I have a mom with L cup breasts and nipples that barely fit in baby's
mouth.  Areolas are about 6" diameter.  I've tried everything I know to get
more breast in this baby's mouth, but cannot get any areola in there.  Mom
is experiencing pinching and pain, of course.  We have tried a good
sandwich, or C, hold to shape breast, as well as flexing baby's head so it
leads in with the chin.  Can someone help me?  Is this Mom going to have to
pump for feeds until baby's mouth grows?  I've spent an hour searching the
archives, but it is slow going.  Many thanks for any help, private mail is
appreciated as this request is quite urgent, Happy Holidays to all you
wonderful people!

April