From:
Barry Birkey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 1996 20:24:06 -0600
Tom & Carol Elliott wrote:

> P-O Gustafsson wrote:
>
> > The process of evolution is still going on. It's slow, we don't see much
> > of it, but it's there and we are a part of it.
>
> Mike Griggs wrote:
> >  this is a system that evolved into one benificial to both organisms.
>
> In spite of forty years of scientific evidence that evolution has not and
> cannot take place our society still holds on to this myth.  For you diehard
> evolutionists I recommend "Evolution: A Theory In Crisis", by Michael Denton.
> Denton, a medical doctor and biological research scientist in Australia rejects
> all religous or mythological explanations for life and its variety.  He does,
> however, lay out mathamatical, fossil, embryological, genetic, and other
> scientific evidence that evolution could not have taken place.
>
> Evolution is another "Flat Earth", another "Phlogiston".  Because we are
> unable to come up with another 'Natural' explanation we close our eyes to the
> irrationality of our current paradigm and blather on about what it does and
> has done.

Then there are those of us who believe in both creation and evolution, Tom. I don't know
if you have kept abreast of the more current thinking in Christian Theology or not but
the understanding I have is that one can still hold fast to the divine creation "in the
beginning" and certainly acknowledge the scientific proof that things do evolve which
would explain some of the problems one has in thinking that everything as we know it
now had to be created on day one (actually day six). I personally feel this is a more
balanced approach to this issue.

As Gordon Graham put it: "What about the bee, what prompted it to strike up a
relationship with the flower? All of this is too fanciful to believe in the context of
evolution." I agree that certain things were set in motion at creation like the bee/flower
relationship but both the bee and flower has changed (evolved) over the course of time
also. I just don't believe that one has to be one or the other as some aspects of
evolution make perfect sense along with my belief in it all starting with God creating it
all.

It's sure obvious that the hives aren't needing tending as we sure have time to dicuss
some interesting stuff.

--
Barry Birkey
West Chicago, Illinois  USA