From:
MIKE ALLSOPP <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 1996 08:03:38 GMT+2
Hi all

Tom Elliott wrote:

> In spite of forty years of scientific evidence that evolution has not and
> cannot take place our society still holds on to this myth.  For you diehard
> evolutionists I recommend "Evolution: A Theory In Crisis", by Michael Denton.
> Denton, a medical doctor and biological research scientist in Australia rejects
> all religous or mythological explanations for life and its variety.  He does,
> however, lay out mathamatical, fossil, embryological, genetic, and other
> scientific evidence that evolution could not have taken place.
>
> Evolution is another "Flat Earth", another "Phlogiston".  Because we are
> unable to come up with another 'Natural' explanation we close our eyes to the
> irrationality of our current paradigm and blather on about what it does and
> has done.
>
> Forgive my tirade, but I tire occassionally of such human foibles.
>
> Flame on.

Sorry to disappoint, but it is not worth a flame, and Bee-L is not
the forum for a sensible debate on the subject.

As to the question (D Warr) as to why the varroa/honeybee (for
example) battle continues; the following. Consider the Africanised
bee in the Americas, varroa all over the world except SE Asia, Cape
honeybees outside the Cape, EFB in the Americas etc etc - and what is
the common thread. MAN! In these cases, Beekeepers and Bee
Scientists, that have, for their own purposes, changed the "natural
order" of things. In your example, the indigineous bee in varroa
country (cerana) has no problems. But if varroa is taken out of SE
Asia, or mellifera taken into SE Asia (both have happened), then
expect problems.

To the free traders (in bee goods), it tolls for thee!

Mike Allsopp

Mike Allsopp                            tel    (27)(21) 887-4690
Honeybee Research Section               fax    (27)(21) 883-3285
Plant Protection Research Institute     pmail  plant3/vredma
Agricultural Research Council           email  [log in to unmask]
P/Bag X5017
Stellenbosch 7599
South Africa