From:
Paula Bermingham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 1996 10:00:51 -0800
Hi all,

I'd like to know if the idea of using lanolin on the pump flange during
extended pumping (months) would be of help for a mom who has recently called
me about repeat infections in her Montgomery glands? This mom says that one
*pimple area* on her areloa will become hard and inflamed. She clears this
up with alcohol dabbed on (we both agreed that this is drying) and another
glad will become affected. Mom pumps routinely because baby has health
problems that have not allowed him to build his own supply.

Any ideas? The application of lanolin would seal off the site, wouldn't it?
The availablility drainage on the site would seem more beneficial? Mom tend
towards yeast infections..any *relationship* to that?

Thanks ahead of time,

Paula Bermingham, IBCLC
WIC Breastfeeding Coordinator Lake County California (CEMR-WIC)