Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Tom Hale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 09:34:05 -0600
To  : Laurie Wheeler
Re  : Sublingual Nitoglycerine

We currently have no data that I can find on nitroglycerin levels in human
milk. However,  NG has a brief half-life in plasma,  about 1-4 minutes,
resulting in a very low plasma level.  However, two metabolites appear to
modulate part of its pharmacologic effect and may have longer half-lives.

Therefore, we do not have any good answers concerning the use of NG in
breastfeeding mothers.  I would guess that if the mother were to use the NG
only when needed and then wait several hours before breastfeeding,  then the
exposure of the infant would be minimal.

Side effects in infant could include, headache, dizziness, hypotension.

Regards
Tom Hale, Ph.D.