From:
Kate Hallberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 10:17:57 -0700
At 02:19 AM 11/11/96 -0500, Lisa Marasco, IBCLC wrote:
>        1)  The "Ezzo" method is not scientific; that it is backed by some
>pediatricians shows the ignorance of those ped's;

Gary Bucknum is a Louisville, CO pedy and I have talked to some of his
patients (Not enough, but some) and he doesn't always advocate the methods
of "Baby(un)wise".  I talked at length to the owner of a Christian bookstore
who has a high need son, and never once was that method suggested.  This
father didn't do the 'Prep' classes either, but did carry Babywise, which I
cautioned him against.  Maybe Darcy has more input into Bucknum's patients?

>        7) Refer them to Marilyn Grams, MD's, book, "Breastfeeding Success for
>Working Mothers" (Achievement Press, P.O Box 608R, Sheridan, WY, 82801).
> Marilyn wrote this book *as a mother* who was finishing her residency and
>having babies simultaneously.

she actually went to med school when she had babies?!  I have thrown out my
plans for becoming a DO until I no longer have little kids, for obvious
reasons.  Is it really possible?  Maybe some of the DO's and MD's on this
list can email me privately if they know it can happen.

> http://www.fix.net./~rprewett  ---> Family Issues Page ---> discernment.

I second this as a wonderful site, and if someone who had no web access
would like some of the major issues emailed to them I would be happy to do so.

Kate

http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~kolina/Home.html (my home page)
http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~grunwald/House.html   Buy our House!