From:
"Jan L. Aken" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 1997 22:16:58 EST
Okay my fellow sisters and brothers on the net have your heard of this?
Mom calls today to say her 4 month old breastfeeds, but while on the breast has
started  sucking his thumb. When she tries to remove the thumb  he pinches her
areola and cries  trying to get his thumb back in his mouth next to the nipple.
The baby  just started doing this in the last 2-3 weeks. I thought maybe he was
teething but she said he does not bite on her nipple.   I said hey what ever
works. If he likes several things in his mouth and his mouth is big enough, go
for it.
She said he does very well at emptying her breast sooooo
 What do you think?
Jan Aken RN IBLC
In the Northwest USA
Seattle Area