From:
Rick Grossman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 1996 08:43:41 +0000
>        The singles are often overwintered over a strong hive.(Even a single
>medium can survive the winter here like that).   They generally survive the
>winter and do good the next year but they are not always of sufficient
>strength in late spring to rent out for blueberry pollination.
>
>Regards Stan

Would someone please explain in detail the process of putting two hives
"together" for the winter without actually combining them?  I know this is
old hat for many on this list, but there are others like myself who just
don't know the exact details and don't want to find out the hard way.

Thanks,

Rick