From:
Rick Grossman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 08:50:31 +0000
I thought I had read in one of the magazines published here in the states,
about this time last year, a very interesting article on propolis
composition.  The essence of the article seemed to be that propolis (or at
least the goo that the bees use to seal everything with) can be extremely
varied.  This variation can be from a variety of natural sources (tree sap,
etc.) to man-made items like tar and other substances that I would not
associate with the healthful, healing properties we normally ascribe to
propolis.  It seems that the bees were very opportunistic in their
collection of propolis making substances, and that there is no one chemical
composition of propolis.

Rick Grossman
Oregon, USA