Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kate Hallberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Nov 1996 20:18:06 -0700
At 01:53 PM 11/3/96 -0500, Laurie Wheeler, RNC, MN,  IBCLC wrote:
><< Her letdown is less reliable since she started pumping
> and took him off the breast but it was fine before.

Thanks for your help.  The mom ignored the no breast idea and is pumping
after feeding and feeding the pumped  milk instead of formula.  The baby is
waking up and had three normal stools today.  I'm just now getting used to
dealing with actual moms instead of theory, so thanks.

Now a related question- has anyone ever heard of a valid reason for taking
the baby totally off the breast in the abscence of maternal meds,
transmissable viruses and galactosemia?  And is it always necessary for
galactosemia?  Could the mother instead follow the diet and breastfeed?
Kate

Buy a friend a beer, and she'll waste an hour.  Teach a friend to brew and
she'll waste a lifetime.

http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~kolina/Home.html (my home page)
http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~grunwald/House.html   Buy our House!