Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Pam Cawley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 1997 20:12:46 -0800
This is breast feeding related, but not quite..so forgive me...but I
thought some of you on this list might be able to point this Canadian in
the right direction with this problem.

Situation:

This is a 30 yr. old woman I met through one of my other lists for infant
loss.  She lost twin girls about a yr. ago at 20 weeks.  She is currently
pregnant and about 35 weeks...will be induced in about 10 - 13 days once
lungs mature.

Husband decided about 1 1/2 months ago that he does not love her anymore
walked out and is not financially supporting her.  she is not on
welfare..is struggling along on some money from her mother.  Pursuing
hubby for money sounds like a tricky thing and it doesn't sound like she
has money for a decent lawyer...I am unsure of what she qualifies for re
aid.

This woman is on bedrest, depressed, and has a gun in the house that he
ex husband to be gave her for protection.  Alot of woman on this list are
trying to help her by sending her used baby clothes, etc....but a small
group are trying to get her hooked up with resources in her city of Reno,
Nevada...  She plans to breast feed because she was planning to anyways
and financially she has too...some really "helpful" woman have been
telling her that WIC will give her formula...but so far she hasn't gone
for it.  Apparently she doesn't qualify for stuff because she is not on
welfare and the church resources that people have tried have been less
than supportive.

This woman appears to have no "real life" support...other than her dr.
and mother who lives quite a distance away and is trying to help, but is
financially tight as well.  From her questions about baby care...she is a
major neophyte....

As a Canadian I do not have a clue as to what else could be tried to
tie her to the community at hand..so if any of you live in Nevada....any
other ideas or support groups
that could possibly be contacted ????  How this woman is going to manage
breastfeeding twins with so little support...is going to be dicey...plus
she is currently depressed .... so postpartum depression is a major
probability.  Any and all thought gratefully accepted

Pam Novak Cawely RN., BSN, MEd                  @
Langara College                                 @
Vancouver,B.C.                                  @
e-mail:  pcawley @langara.bc.ca                 @