From:
Linda Volkovitsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Dec 1996 11:27:09 -0400
Hi all!  I spoke with the mom who had sore nipples at two years and she says they have cleared up on their own.

She finished the antibiotic today but said they had started clearing up last Tuesday night.  In fact, she said she had a "very intense therapy session" and that night her nipples barely hurt at all.  The next day they were still a little sore but not like before.  Each day this week they felt a little better until Sunday when they felt perfectly normal.  She never developed other signs of thrush or other problems, her menstrual period did not start, nothing changed with the baby.  But her stress level dropped after the counselling session.

Could this have been a physical manifestation of stress/anxiety (like some people get upset stomachs or headaches)?  I know we were talking about new moms having different perceptions to pain due to stress, but this wasn't a new mom.  And the pain seemed fairly sudden and "real" as opposed to a new perception of what was already going on.

Anyway, she feels fine now and is very relieved that this is the case.  Thank you for your help.  If a definative answer ever shows up, I'll let you know.

Linda V., outside Philadelphia where it has *finally* stopped raining (after 5 full days!)