Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
N J SHENK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 1996 11:53:47 EST
Hi Lactnetters,

An IBCLC friend of mine has a strange  case and we'd like to know if any
of you have seen or heard of such OR have any ideas what might be going
on (we both have cancer foremost in our thoughts, but......)

A mom with 4th baby.  Baby in special care for 10 days.  Mom was pumping
her milk for baby with a single manual and electric pump.  At day 11 or
12 the one breast suddenly stopped producing milk and seems to be again
involuted at pre-pregnancy size.  Mother had a c-section with tubal
ligation and is still bleeding.   Mother had oversupply problems with the
other babies.  At day 14 mom reports slightly more fluid is expressed
from the problem breast, but the fluid is clear, not milky.  There are no
bumps, dimpling or suspicious looking parts on the breast externally.
Mom is now getting some dizziness and headache with pumping.  Mom had
cancer polyps on her intestines removed in Feb '96.

The LC referred mom immediately to her doctor at day 11-12, but mom won't
see him until today.  I suggested the LC call the doctor's office ahead
of time herself NOW to be sure they are double alerted.  The LC called
Dr. Lawrence at Univ. of Rochester.  Both she and Dr. Black had not heard
of this symptomology before.

What do you think?  I'll be sure to post when we hear back what
develops.....

Natalie Shenk BS IBCLC
Findlay Ohio USA