Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Melissa V Kirsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 10:23:39 PST
The status of the NJ legis. is that a senate committee released the bill
without the amendment which would restrict moms to designated nursing
areas (BTW, the sponsor of that amendment, Greg, thinks the bathroom is
a good place to nurse).  Now the senate has to vote on it, and then send
it to the assembly, which passed the restrictive bill.  Of course, the
Governor would have to sign it.  That's where I'm asking for help. The
Governor has weighed in on the side of the restriction.  For those of
you who don't know her, Christine Todd Whitman is considered a shining
star of the Republican party--she is very high profile as a female,
pro-choice, Republican,  She has national aspirations so I think she
will pay attention to out-of-state letters.  For those of you, MDs, LCs,
RNs, LLLL etc. etc., she needs to be educated about the health and
welfare benefits of BF, and how public BF ties into this.  Since
ultimately, she will make or break this bill, please send her rational
and educational letters.

NJ is real big on welfare reform, so you might want to use that angle (health care savings and no money spent on ABM)

We're really fighting here, but it is pretty much an individual effort,
and people are starting to fear there is ABM money, and most likely
restaurant lobbyist money at work here.  We need all the help we can get.  Thanks

Governor Christine Todd Whitman
CN 001
Trenton, NJ   08625

She can be reached via the internet at http://www.state.nj.us/

If you live in NJ, I have names and addresses of all legislators, as well
as the e-mail addresses for several newspapers, if you are interested in
writing letters to the editor.  We need those as well, as we're seeing
the BF is compared to urination stuff.

TIA,
Melissa Kirsch