Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
amy mohrbacher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 1996 12:37:42 -0400
>On Thu, 14 Nov 1996 22:32:34 -0800 ldd <[log in to unmask]>writes:
>........ Anyway, she is vegetarian, will eat eggs and cheese,but >wants to
>know how much protein she should be taking in and other >nutritional
>needs.
        I was vegetarian through two pregnancies and tandem nursing.
Laurel's Kitchen is excellent, I also like the info in Spiritual Midwifery
by Ina Mae Gasskin and The New Farm Cookbook. There is common sense info in
both from people with a great deal of expertise working with veg
pregnancies. When I was doing it myself, I focused on protein of course.
Plenty of calcium, Lots of fluids (especially high protein fruit smoothies
with liquid calcium supplement and protein powder) and natural sources of
iron. I can't remember the RDA requirements off the top of my head but will
look them up at home and post them tonight.I don't have a resources
specifically for nursing while pregnant but both my midwives felt
comfortable with my prenatal vitamins, extra calcium, iron plus eating for
myself plus two. I never ever came close to being anemic. But can't tell
you how tired I got of having to eat all the time. But it was worth every
second plus some

                Amy Mohrbacher, LLLLeader, Nursing student