Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"D. Gauthier & R. Angeloro" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Nov 1996 17:08:17 -0500
The nipplelette is probably a good product for women who have inverted
nipples and who want to try to evert them...while they are not pregnant and
not lactating! It was not demonstrated to be safe for women during
pregnancy. They would probably stimulate the nipples enough to cause
problems. The manufacturers recommends using it during the first few months
of pregnancy. We all know that change to the nipple is better obtained in
the last trimester of pregnancy. But it could be dangerous to use then. As
for a lactating mother, the manufacturer says it should not be used during
lactation (you have to buy it and open the package to find this out). If we
look at how it works, it becomes evident that it should not be used uring
lactation. It makes a steady suction on the nipple without any possibility
of an outlet for the milk that will automatically be drawn out.

We might want to try this gadget out on women before they get pregnant and
see if it really works. I have two studies that were done on the Nipplelette
but both are in French (from Africa I think).
Dany Gauthier, IBCLC
Lactation Consultant at Ste-Justine Hospital
Montreal, Que.