From:
T & V Best <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 1996 13:38:39 +0800
I was informed by a midwife yesterday the at a recent study day on
breastfeeding held at her hospital, the L.C who gave the talk said that
bottle feeding was ok in cases of breast refusal.  She told the midwives
that as long as the baby opened its mouth wide enough, it was ok to
bottle feed.  I suggested cup or finger feeding instead, but was told
that at the study day, these methods were discouraged.  Does any one
have any thoughts on this. Which is the best method in breast refusal do
you all think.  Lets take a vote and I'll tally up the options.
Val, Rn Rm IBCLC