From:
Lisa Hawkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 10:44:39 -0800
One of my colleagues has a client with silicone breast implants. She
breastfeed her first two children and is pregnant with a third. She has
been told by her MD that her implants remain intact.

This client was informed (by a layperson) that breastfeeding her children
placed them at risk for silicosis and that she should not breastfeed any
longer. This person also told her that very small amounts of silicon can
leak from the implants and would not appear on ultrasound.

My colleague advised her to have herself tested for silicosis. She would
like to know more about the risks (if any) to the children, and to the
baby-to be.

This an an area I know nothing about. Does anyone out there have any
information they can share with me.

Thanks in advance.

Lisa Hawkins, RD
Merced, CA