Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 9 Nov 1996 20:43:01 GMT
> From:    Georgeanne Mattise  La Leche League Leader <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: sticky situation
>
> Greetings!
>   I spoke to a mom today with a 2 yr old who is still nursing, and having
> been concerned she was pregnant, consulted her ob. She had been spotting a
> little, and felt queasy, home preg was negative, and also had a blood
> test-negative, so went to see the doc., basically, she wasn't pregnant.
>  However hubby in waiting room witnessed an interchange-doc said to his
> nurse-"she's still BREASTfeeding" and threw the chart toward the
> nurse (several other people were in the waiting area as well) giving hubby the
> impression the doc felt he had wasted his time  concerning pregnancy...{snip}

> What do you think?  Write a letter now, phone call, wait til the next time
> she sees him-did he have a bad day?  Thanks for any ideas!!!  Georgeanne

The first thing I thought was "How can he be so sure she is not pregnant?"
(I know that wasn't the point of your question). I thought this because I
got pregnant while breastfeeding and had endless false negative pregnancy
tests (which I am never going to trust again). The doctor thought I was having
a phantom pregnancy, but a scan proved I was pregnant (with my 2nd child,
Alice).

On the subject of the doctor's behavior: doctors are not allowed a "bad day"
if that bad day involves breaching confidentiality and imposing their personal
opinion on the way a patient chooses to rear her child. His behavior was totally
unacceptable, IMHO and she should write a complaint to him and his superior
ASAP. There are just no excuses for treating people like that.

-
Anna (mummy to Emma, born 17th Jan 1995 and Alice, born 11th Sept 1996)
Web Page: http://www.ratbag.demon.co.uk/anna