From:
Marilee Woodworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 1996 16:49:54 -0500
Hello all,
I have just heard about a situation which I would like to get some opinions
on. The mother is 33 weeks pregnant. She was in the hospital getting a stress
test. She was worried about the baby. They said the baby was fine but she was
in labor. They have stopped the labor. She is back home. She is taking
precardia(?) to prevent contractions and flenergen(?) and codeine for a
cough. Now she is experiencing milk production. She is engorged and leaking.
Should she try to inhibit this with cabbage leaves and sage tea or pump for
comfort and maintain till she gives birth. I have never heard of this. The
LLL leader who is talking to her told her to talk to her doctor. I think
there must be something hormonal happening for this to be going on. Does
anybody have any ideas?
Thanks, Marilee Woodworth, IBCLC, LLLL, Ann Arbor, MI, USA