From:
Maureen Minchin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 21:26:51 +1000
<<If any of you knowledgeable lactnetters have information about using
breastmilk as a treatment for IBDs, please let me know.  I keep hearing
rumors.  Anecdotal evidence very welcome.  I'm hoping to avoid a colostomy.>>

Naturally! Elizabeth, have you been reading of the 1980's work done at
Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge in England on IBD, Crohn's etc which
shows concusively that diet changes can end or at least moderate your
troubles? Gut troubles such as these usually go back to a bad infant
feeding history. Do a Medline search and look for the refs. John Hunter was
one of the doctors involved: no time to look for others but they have
published books as well, on allergy diet for gut patients and others.