From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 1996 21:46:09 -0400
Did anyone see the article a few days ago in the Christian Science Monitor
about abm and the wic program , and how this relationship between WIC and
the ABM companies is driving the price of abm up for middle class Americans.?

Not once was Breastfeeding mentioned as an alternative...no where...like it
didn't exist.  Maybe the incidence of bf is driving their profit down,...and
prices up? I think that when bf is deleted from the picture, not mentioned,
that it does a LOT to put abm feeding up as the standard..the
expected,...Sigh. The abm companies profits are rising, and they are whining
about losing sales to mothers....and the middle class mothers are whining
about the price of formula. DOES NO ONE KNOW ABOUT BF as a way to SAVE
MONEY.?? IS MONEY/THE BOTTOM LINE of the abm companies the only thing that
is newsworthy???? (Yes I am shouting.!!)

CSMonitor can be reached at [log in to unmask] COME ON guys..let's write.

I wish that one of the more verbal folks would write a letter to be
published in the CSM. Let us know what you say.

Any takers? Dettwyler? Walker? anyone else?

Kathleen

Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet,Corgi-L,TLC, Indep. Consultant
LACTNET site: http://www.mcs.com/~auerbach/lactation.html
LACTNET Archives http://library.ummed.edu/lsv/archives/lactnet.html