Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 1996 10:51:54 CDT
Kathy:

I have egg *all over* my face! I certainly had not intended to post
my last message to Lactnet, but to you directly. I was obviously
upset and just hit the "reply" button. Sorry. However, since I *did*
post it to the 'net, I feel it necessary to follow up on the 'net.

I just spoke with Alison. Someone has, indeed, gotten into her computer.
She has been off-line with a non-functional computer since early in
September. Meanwhile, this person, armed with her password, has stolen
some 400 hours of AOL time by posting messages in her name to everyone
in her address book. She is scrambling to try to undo the damage. (Some
of the messages were apparently very personal and very insulting.)

She just rejoined Lactnet yesterday, as you know. She has been working
with AOL to clear all this up and to change her password so that it
cannot happen again. She said she appreciates your help in dealing
with the Lactnet situation.

Her message to everyone is that nothing has changed about her status
as a lactation consultant or her good will toward Lactnet and its
owners and members. She added a caution for all that **This could happen
to you, too.  Change your password OFTEN!!** I'm sure she will reiterate
that for herself when she is able to return to the 'net.

Apologies, again for making public that which should have been dealt
with in private.

Marsha

Marsha B. Mrtek, Ph.D.
Medela Research/Chicago