From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 1997 21:43:39 -0500
Guys, I couldn't resist. I know that several folks think that there *is*
such a thing as a Good Times Virus that corrupts computers/hard drives,
infecting email. There IS NO SUCH THING. However, I thought you all could
use a laugh.

Kathleen
violating her own "keep to the subject" rule.

--------------------

>Subject:        Final warning about the "Good Times" virus
>
>READ THIS:
>
>Goodtimes will re-write your hard drive. Not only that, but it will
>scramble any disks that are even close to your computer. It will
>recalibrate your refrigerator's coolness setting so all your ice cream
>goes melty. It will demagnetize the strips on all your credit cards,
>screw up the tracking on your television and use subspace field harmonics to
>scratch any CD's you try to play.
>
>It will give your ex-partner your new phone number. It will  mix
>Kool-aid into your fishtank. It will drink all your beer and leave its
>socks out on the coffee table when there's company coming over. It  will
>put a dead kitten in the back pocket of your good suit pants and hide your
>bike shorts when you are late for work.
>
> Goodtimes will make you fall in love with a penguin. It will
>give you nightmares about circus midgets. It will pour sugar in your gas
>tank and shave off both your eyebrows while dating your lover behind
>your back and billing the dinner and hotel room to your Discover card.
>
>It will seduce your grandmother. It does not matter if she is dead, such
>is the power of Goodtimes, it reaches out beyond the grave to sully
>those things we hold most dear.
>
> It moves your car randomly around at business parking lots so
>you can't find it. It will kick your dog. It will leave libidinous
>messages on your boss's voice mail in your voice! It is insidious and
>subtle. It is dangerous and terrifying to behold. It is also a rather
>interesting shade of mauve.
>
> Goodtimes will give you Dutch Elm disease. It will leave the
>toilet seat up. It will make a batch of Methanphedime in your bathtub
>and then leave bacon cooking on the stove while it goes out to chase
>gradeschoolers with your new snowblower.
>
> Listen to me. Goodtimes does not exist.  It cannot do anything to you.
>But I can. I am sending this message to everyone in the world. Tell your
>friends, tell your family.  If anyone else sends me another E-mail about
>this fake Goodtimes Virus, I will turn hating them into a religion. I will
>do things to them that would make a horsehead in your bed look like Easter
>Sunday brunch.

>"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre
>minds."
>     - ALBERT EINSTEIN

>**        "Why, since I've never had any intention                  **
>**        Of going out on the street and selling my body,           **
>**        Is it hard to be reaching an age where                    **
>**        I won't find a buyer?"             -- Judith Viorst --    **

Pax,
Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet,Corgi-L,TLC, Indep. Consultant
http://together.net/~kbruce/kbbhome.html
LACTNET Archives http://library.ummed.edu/lsv/archives/lactnet.html